NoticeI've pretty much stopped updating this blog, but the plugin development is still on-going. You can find the link to the Github project page at the bottom of the article.
In this release I cleaned up the code a little and added some features. Also removed a few old (aka deprecated) stuff that were still hanging around.
- Added some misc enhancements and cleanup the code.
- Updated the plugin to take advantage of recent scrollTo additions.
- The element that triggered the scroll cannot be accessed anymore from within the onBefore, you can bind your own click (or w/e) to them in order to add a class or things like that.
- settings.persistent is no longer supported (was deprecated).
- The set of settings can be accessed from within the onBefore as the 'this'.
- The hash (#foo) is set to the URL before scrolling, so the back button works accurately (when scrolling the window).
- The option 'hash' doesn't make the window jump when scrolling overflown elements
- $.localScroll.hash now resets the element scroll to (0,0) by default. You can set the setting 'reset' to false to avoid this.