What is this ?
- This plugin aims to be a collection of snippets that improve accessibility for websites.
- These recommendations can be tested against a page, and get a summary of the results.
How to use it ?
- First add a call to jquery.js (duh!).
- Add jquery.accessible.js. This contains the engine for rules/fixes and a set of predefined ones.
- Right after this, you are ready to run the fixes by calling jQuery.accessible(). You can pass in a hash to specify, with the id and true or false, which ones to run. IMPORTANT: don't call this function inside document.ready, call it right away instead.
If you want to run the tests in your page:
- Add jquery.accessible.validator.js after jquery.accessible.js.
- Call jQuery.accessible.runTests(). (right away too)
- You can optionally indicate where to output the results, with a selector as first argument.
What else ?
- This plugin is mostly a proof of concept for now.
- The author's intention is to get developers to collaborate, in order to consolidate a large number of improvements to websites' accessibility.
- Allowing any developer to make his/her site, much more accessible, with little effort.
If you have something to say or contribute, please:
- Add a feature request.
- Or email me to aflesler(at)gmail(dot)com.